The FENG Charlotte, NC Chapter
02/21/2017 – 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Reserve a spot at this event)
McCormick & Schmick's
McCormick & Schmick’s is located at the southwest corner of S. Tryon and 4th Street. The closest parking garage is the First Citizen's Bank Garage on the corner of 4th & Church (behind M&S, same building)
About the Charlotte, NC Chapter
The chapter in Charlotte has over 1,100 professionals with more than half on the Alumni list (meaning -- employed or they have landed and are with a new employer).
Monthly chapter meetings are on the second Monday of the month, are casual and generally last two hours providing members time for 1:1 networking or small group gatherings for dinner or cocktails afterwards, following our featured speaker’s presentation
We would like to spend the final 30 minutes doing our rounds of introductions and network leads and then adjourn to a mutually agreed upon location for adult beverages and conversation.
The regular meeting agenda will include:
1. Introductions for first time attendees and exchange of resumes (New attendees should bring 15 copies of your resume to share, or a brief objective and biographical summary). Bring name tent.
2. Featured Speaker (Topic) for the Evening. Will generally have 75 – 90 minutes of time.
3 Networking within Group: Sharing your 60-second announcement (optional).
4. Share individual search and success stories.
5.. Share leads - Please make an effort to identify potential leads or contacts to share.
6. Please try to be on time though we understand traffic can be a challenge.
Please mark your calendars and plan to attend! We look forward to seeing you all on the 2nd Monday evening of every month!
- Tom Maupin
- Tom is currently a Partner of VACO Charlotte, LLC., a finance, accounting and technology consulting/talent acquisition company. Tom started his career in banking in Dallas, Texas followed by a 10-year career in International Banking as manager of offices in Tokyo and Singapore. Tom is a seasoned financial executive with expertise in business development and relationship and profit center management, who has been able to successfully transition from international and corporate banking to corporate and personal trust senior management positions with Chase, First Union and First Charter Bank prior to recently changing careers to executive recruiting for finance & accounting projects. Tom has been married to his wife Judy since 1970. They have three sons, Michael, Brian and Jay. When Tom is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family. In addition, he enjoys cooking, fishing, gardening, travel, and staying active.
Tom was born in California, but grew up in Texas, and graduated from Rice University with a business degree in Commerce. After beginning his career in Texas with a major Dallas-based bank, he later was assigned to Tokyo, Singapore, back to Dallas, went to New York with Chemical Bank's Global Corporate Trust Group and came to Charlotte with First Union in 1999.
Tom was a Vice President and Director of the Securities Transfer Association in New York for 6 years. He has been a member of The Corporate Transfer Association, The American Society of Corporate Secretaries and the National Investor Relations Institute.
Since 1999, Tom has been the Chairman of the local chapter of The Financial Executive Networking Group, a 45,000 + national member networking organization and is a founder and member of the Davidson United Methodist Church Network Group, a non-denominational job search networking group.
- Ken Carlson
- John Brader
- Phil Geissinger
For Meeting Information,