The FENG Risk Management S.I.G.
Next MeetingNo upcoming meetings.
About the Risk Management S.I.G.
Cyber Security presentation featured at our February Meeting
You can obtain a copy now online at www.proactiverisk.com
We plan to have several meetings annually with periodic guest speakers in NYC based upon venue and speaker? The purpose is to inform, engage audience and create a meaningful interaction between speakers and audience with an exchange of ideas and knowledge. Additionally, it will offer networking opportunities for professionals interested in a forward-looking approach to integrated risk management. The meetings cover themes of interest to all industries with a particular focus across financial services firms.
ALL MEMBERS AND ALUMNI, AND GUESTS OF THE FENG ARE WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND.
About the Risk Management SIG:
Risk Management Special Interest Group Leadership:
Lynn Gargano, Chair
Tom Hall, Chair
The Risk Management Special Interest Group (SIG) members are comprised of highly 3,700 capable and motivated financial services professionals with varying levels of leadership and team member experience and skills, a wide range of abilities to manage and deliver within functional and operational roles, and additional supporting roles as project managers, subject matter experts, and business analysts. Our members come from and cover the full range of financial services institutions and firms including universal banking, commercial bank, institutional-wholesale banking, consumer and retail banking, community banking, investment banking, merchant banking, broker-dealers, asset and portfolio managers, mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity, family offices, finance and risk technology vendors, professional services , and market research and advisory organizations.
Purpose and Scope:
Many financial institutions are in the midst of developing or enhancing their approach for linking finance, strategy and risk management. This is and continues to be a very significant area of focus for large Financial Services firms in the Banking or Insurance Industries. However, this is also playing a larger role across all Financial Services firms, where hedge funds, private equity, family offices, endowments and other institutional asset managers and advisory firms are also taking a closer look at this forward looking approach. Non-financial services firms can also benefit from this integrated approach.
Strategy, finance, risk and compliance teams all have important roles to play for this to work. Additionally, the commitment to the integration of finance, strategy and risk requires a strong technology platform as well as an effective data strategy. Such a framework is geared towards transforming, analyzing and reporting data for informed decision making.
This group can be a forum for discussing challenges and opportunities in this area. All members who have an interest in integrated risk management topics, CFOs, controllers, risk management, strategy, investment, portfolio, operations, technology and other financial professionals are welcomed.
The scope of our group, broadly covers the functional and operational areas, for the integration, convergence and transformation of finance, risk, strategy, compliance, technology and governance necessary to manage financial services institutions across all five tiers of the enterprise architecture and information delivery channel:
- Risk and finance business strategy and business management
- Risk and finance information management, strategic analytics, and reporting
- Risk and finance data management, research, and discovery
- Risk and finance application, business service , and technology; cyber-security
- Risk and finance delivery platforms and infrastructure
The functional and operational scope,including program and projects, covers the integration, convergence, and transformation of finance and risk across activity areas including, but not limited to:
- Governance, policies, and roles of the Board, committees, executive team, and the finance and risk divisions that oversees all direct and indirect exposures across the enterprise.
- Enterprise finance and risk management, enterprise finance and risk aggregation, enterprise risk and finance architecture
- Enterprise risk management (ERM) including risk and control self-assessments.
- SCAP-SCAP Comprehensive Capital Adequacy, Basel II, II.5, III, Dodd-Frank, Stress testing and stability management
- Treasury/asset-liability management, funding and liquidity management, and balance sheet stability ratios
- Market, credit risk, incremental risk, and counterparty credit risk
- Operational risk measurement and management
- Financial crimes and fraud, payment channel risks
- IT risk, service, and operations level risk, security and privacy, and business continuity
- Lynn Gargano
- Lynn Gargano is an experienced financial executive with over 20 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry. She has broad hands on experience in finance, administration and public accounting. She has her CPA (NYS) and Series 27. Positions held include Chief Financial Officer, Director of Management Reporting and Controller. She has actively participated on Risk Management, Business Continuity and Vendor Management Committees.
She started her career in public accounting. She has Big “4” Public Accounting Firm experience. Financial Services Investment Management Practice serving major and smaller mutual fund, hedge fund, private equity, broker dealer, unit investment trust and GIPS investment management clients.
- Aldo Rabih
- A CPA and Canadian CPA with leading expertise in tax and reporting.
Financial and Accounting Leader with expertise in compliance and regulatory oversight for financial services and many other organizations.
Capable to lead teams and mentor small business within growth stage to expand to profitability.
- Tom Hall
- TOM HALL is a business, accounting, treasury, internal audit and financial reporting executive. He serves as a consultant and certified instructor in IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) for RGP and currently serving large and medium size Financial Services Entities in New York since 2006 for RGP.
He is a Board Director for "IRON CREST PARTNERS LLC" in New York City (also with offices in London and Cincinnati). He has 25 years industry experience as a finance executive working with companies including Marathon Oil Company, AIG, World Gold Council, Atlantic Savings Bank, GSO Capital Partners (Member of The Blackstone Group), U.S. Steel Corporation and American Lawyer Media, Inc.; and seven years in public accounting, including KPMG. Positions held include COO, CFO, Chief Accounting Officer, Controller, Treasurer and Chief Audit Executive. He serves as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at NEW YORK UNIVERSITY (NYU) specializing in IFRS instruction.
Currently the Co-Chair of the FENG's New York Metropolitan Chapter and Co-Chair of Risk Management SIG. Tom is a CGMA, CPA and MBA; and an alumnus of the University of Illinois, University of Toledo and Columbia University.
- Don Browne