Topic: Capital Markets

Subject: SEARCH AND SELECTION OF INVESTMENT BANK / STRATEGIC ADVISOR
Don Mills
Member: 2001
Submitted on 04-21-11 12:13 am
Our company, a mine exploration and development company, is about to embark on a process to select an Investment Bank/Strategic Advisor for purposes of raising capital and seeking strategic partnerships and acquisitions. I welcome everyone's comments and suggestions regarding the selection process and resources e.g. is there a database of such advisors with industry specialization and other criteria? Please send comments and suggestions to me at dmills@russellmining.com or call me at 509-343-1214. Thank you.

Replies
Nimish Mathur
Member: 2011

Subject: Re:SEARCH AND SELECTION OF INVESTMENT BANK / STRATEGIC ADVISOR

Submitted on 04-27-12 1:27 pm.
This is a tough question, because I would recommend a different discussion and different investment bank for each strategy. They all claim to be bulge bracket, full service, but each investment bank has certain strengths and will guide you to a different path.

Is this financing related to a specific development project or are you at an exploratory stage. Are you looking for equity capital or debt financing. Are you looking for funds from public markets or private markets.
Is a strategic sale / partnership with equity contribution from investors your preferred route. How much control do you desire over the company or is the size of the capital raise such that enough equity and control will be given to your investors.

You can call me at 9175396735 or email me at nimishmathur117@gmail.com and we can carry forward this discussion. i worked at bulge bracket firms for over 10 years and have a good sense of the process.

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo