Submitted on 09-30-14 11:24 am Message: Job Description
We are currently looking for a part time Bookkeeper to assist our finance department. This position reports to the Finance Manager. This is a part-time 20 hours week job.
• The complete processing of Accounts Payable. This includes but is not limited to monitoring all invoices for proper documentation, posting to accounting system and processing checks runs in a timely fashion, reconciling aging reports, keeping all vendor records current and properly filed. Process 1099’s forms at year end.
• Ensure bank transactions are posted correctly; monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts balances to bank statements. Maintain band accounts records and files.
• Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial transactions.
• Enter data and post journal entries into computer systems.
• Maintain HR records and files.
• Interact with employees, management, auditors and external vendors and customers. Participate in audit field work, running reports and providing back-up of financial activities.
• Perform additional projects as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
YOU MUST HAVE:
• Strong understanding of accounting and budgeting concepts.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi task.
• Working knowledge of Peachtree and Excel.
• Minimum of 3 years in an accounting role.
• Strong communication skills both written and oral.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Strong analytical skills.
This is a part-time job.
Please send resume in Word document to email@example.com