Topic: Portland, OR
A great Portland, OR opportunity:
· Software company in business for 25+ years
· FYE 6/30/16, finished with $11MM in revenue and $3.9MM EBT (great profitability).
· 65 employees
They now need a CFO to help set up the financial controls and instill confidence in the new private equity group owner.
· Private equity group wants to aggressively pursue bolt-on acquisitions to help achieve a $100MM gross revenue goal .
· Needs to be hands-on as they’re not big enough today to justify a full-time CFO AND Controller.
In the process of creating their own financial infrastructure as they were previously part of a large engineering firm who handled all the financial aspects.
· HQ in Portland with offices in the Philippines, Australia and London so currency exchange experience would be ideal
· Will report to the board and new owners on a regular basis. Needs to have excellent communication skills.
· Strong accounting background with some understanding of IFRS and the ability to consolidate financials for multiple entities
· Experience in the software industry (understand deferred revenue accounting and have knowledge of standard software KPIs)
· Private equity experience
· International experience, dealing with treasury and tax issues. Working with finance teams across geographies.
· US State sales tax experience
· Entrepreneurial mindset – ability to work with small teams and less developed infrastructure.
Nice to have
· Carve out experience
· M&A and integration experience
· Experience with a sales-driven company
· HR experience (this position is the primary person responsible for HR)
· Experience with Sage 300 (formerly ACCPAC)
They haven’t finalized compensation as experience will of course come into play, but assume $150k base + bonus in the 20%-30% range plus stock options (~1% of currently outstanding shares).
Please contact Lanz who has direct contact with the Company and is vetting potential candidates
Corporate Growth Consulting