Topic: General Posts

Subject: QB conversion to Intacct + Yardi Integration
Walt Chapman
Member: 2016
Submitted on 03-02-17 8:28 pm
I am the CFO of a family business with legal, food and beverage, real estate construction and leasing activities.  We are currently using QB but will need to implement Yardi to handle the real estate platform in the near future.

Does anyone have any experience and advice on attempting this conversion?  I will need to integrate ADP, NCR Aloha, Yardi and QB into the financials.  Making the change to leverage consolidation of 14 legal entities plus perhaps 15 to 20 more as we do property development and leasing. I am looking for the most effective way to management the legal entitries in diverse industries.

Walter Chapman

Replies
Robert Lowenwirth
Member: 2011

Subject: Re:QB conversion to Intacct Yardi Integration

Submitted on 03-10-17 10:55 am.
Used Yardi in my last assignment and was pleased with the platform.  Did not incorporate all modules, but was satisfied with the base operating that we did use (i.e. AP/GL/Purchasing).  We did not get to roll out the development module.

With regard to implementation/roll-out and especially integration for upstream needs . . . I found the project team knowledgable, professional, etc.  The integration was tough, though, as the team needed to get up to speed on the business requirements regarding mapping, reporting and special processes.  We had an incredibly short window to install the product and create interfaces, so the requirements phase suffered somewhat.  In addition, the environment being serviced - Corporate Real Estate - was not an area where the project team had experience.

The development of these interface processes were the most expensive part of the implementation.  Depending how you want to go, some work can be dine in house, but for the programming, that will cost you ($150 to $200/hr).

Obvisously, the requirements phase is key.  Have solid defiintitions and time frames.  Seek out those with implementation backgound to match your needs.  Be ready to escalate any issues to your account representative.  They were not as responsive as I would have expected (i.e. time differences, at conferences, etc.). To me, unacceptable answers.

Hope this helped.  More than happy to discuss further.  In addition, I know a service provider who specializes in Yardi implemetations; I can make an introduction.

Good luck.

Robert

Ron Coombs
Member: 2012

Submitted on 03-14-17 3:00 pm.
I used Yardi in my prior position and found it to be quite helpful for real estate property and entity management.  With the proper use of the job cost modules it is also quite strong at budget and capital expenditure monitoring.  Set up and intergration with your existing systems will take some time but it is worth it if you have reasonably specific and standard G/L coding system that is the same for most of the properties.  Yardi's power is its ability to drill down to a specific entity or project or to have a higher level entity or consolidated entity reporting.

I used a consulting firm to help us integrate and update the accounting systems and also to help implement new modules.  The process is a bit time consuming but planing on the front end prevents problems later.  It is important to remember that you have to have buy in from the property management and development teams or you will not get reliable data.  Integration to Yardi is much easier if you nonfinancial people have a say in the data review and some of the reports that are generated after conversion.

I have used a very good Yardi consulting firm in the past that has staff based throughout the country.  Please contact me if you are interested in connecting with them.  Yardi support staff skills support skills vary widely and I also had difficulty in getting responses from them quickly.

Ron Coombs

Coombsron@gmail.com

Robert Lowenwirth
Member: 2011

Submitted on 03-15-17 11:04 am.
Ron,

Good observations.  Your experience seems comparable to mine.

Robert

OUR SPONSORS: