Topic: Chicago (Downtown), IL
Application Software Technology LLC (“AST”) is leading the way in the Oracle professional services industry. Founded in 1995, we have established ourselves as the premier and fast growing Oracle Platinum Partner with a nationwide presence in the public sector, education, commercial, transportation, utilities/energy and insurance industries.
AST has continuously won accolades as a friendly place to work including one of the “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” by the National Association for Business Resource and was ranked by Inc. Magazine on its Annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation's fasting-growing private companies.
We are looking for a Financial Controller with consulting services experience to work in our corporate office in Naperville, Illinois. This key role will be an integral part of our corporate office to support our operations and will report to the CFO. The ideal candidate has done this before and can anticipate what needs to be done rather than be instructed. The position will need someone that can adapt, work in a fast-pace, enriching environment and is looking for a career rather than a job.
Key Job Responsibilities
Build and maintain an experienced, goal-oriented and efficient corporate accounting process. Establish and ensure adherence to appropriate internal controls, accounting policies and business practices. Partner with CFO to plan and direct the company’s accounting and reporting practices and implement programs to meet the company’s financial goals and both external and management reporting requirements. Take a lead role in representing the finance function with any ERP enhancements including the evaluation and testing of new systems, implementation and compliance with internal controls, and enhancements to existing programs.
Work hands on together with a small team to drive effective performance of monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and compliance duties in compliance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Manage the day to day operations of the corporate accounting team to maintain the general ledgers, perform the monthly close, consolidation and reporting process, evaluate all significant accounting transactions, research and implement relevant accounting technical standards, and prepare technical accounting memos supporting all accounting positions. Lead interaction with the external auditors and actively manage all external audit and reporting activities including preparation and review of the Company’s annual report. Perform other duties and projects as required.
Process and Project Management
Continually evaluate the processes for general accounting, monthly close and consolidation, accounts receivable and payable, and contract administration; track and monitor performance; and implement improvements to ensure efficient and effective results including adherence to company policies and controls. This improvement work includes such activities as enhancing the monthly close and reporting process, further automating monthly reporting, and supplementing reporting with value added analysis. Projects may include implementation and documentation of new accounting processes and controls, upgrades of financial systems, and merger and acquisition due diligence and integration from both the finance and accounting perspective as well as an overall business perspective.
• Certified Public Accountant
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
• 5 years of managerial accounting experience
• Experience as the controller or assistant controller of a mid-sized private company preferred
• Experience working with revenue recognition for consulting or other professional services firm with both fixed fee projects requiring percentage of completion accounting and time and material contracts
• Strong US GAAP knowledge
• Knowledge of accounting and finance compliance, month end closing, general ledger, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis
• Experience working with multiple reporting units
• Skills in planning and process improvements
• Strong hands-on and reconciliation skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
Here's what to expect:
• Competitive pay
• Work with high-caliber professionals
• Opportunity to grow
• Professional enrichment program (mentoring, training, certification, conferences)
• Best in class benefits that start on day one
• 401K plan and Employer match
• Up to 24 days off during your first year (includes PTO, holidays)
• An informal and collaborative environment
Please send your resume to Mark Wittkopp firstname.lastname@example.org