Subject: Northern NJ Not-For-Profit Social Services Seeks CFO
Submitted on 04-13-17 9:28 am
Children’s Aid and Family Services, a not-for-profit social services company located in northern Bergen County, is seeking a Treasurer & Chief Financial Officer.
The Treasurer & Chief Financial Officer serves as part of the senior executive team
- Oversees a $19 million dollar budget and directly supervises the agency’s administrative services, which include: Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing, Facilities and Information Technology.
- This position reports to the CEO and requires working closely with the company’s Board
- There are 10 direct reports
- Major responsibilities include:
- Providing financial guidance and strategic direction on organization matters, ensuring prudent management of agency resources – including: cash, risk management, liaising with Federal, State and County contract personnel, the timely reporting of regulatory matters and reports, tax returns, health and welfare plan reporting, etc.,
- Providing sound financial advice and counsel to programs regarding expansion and development, serving as a business partner to agency leaders working on planning, development and direction, ensuring that the agency has an HR function that enforces sound practices and is compliant with all Federal and State Laws, responding to the technology needs of the agency,
- Ensuring that the agency meets the highest standards of compliance.
- An advanced degree or the equivalent (CPA) or public administration with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of related experience and/or training, proven experience in State contract administration
- A minimum of ten (10) years senior management and supervisory experience, excellent communication skills, the ability to develop and manage relationships with a diverse audience and demonstrated financial expertise and strategic planning skills.
- Local candidates are preferred
- Compensation - The salary range is $115k - $140k, commensurate with experience. If the candidate has had experience in, and can assume the duties for HR, IT, Purchasing and Facilities Maintenance, the salary would be on the higher end.
- Resumes should be forwarded to Bill Johnson at email@example.com