Topic: Chicago (Downtown), IL

Subject: Controller–hospitality industry, multi-location, mid-market sized organization–based in Chicagoland
Steve Eschbach
Member: 2006
Submitted on 04-16-17 12:15 am

Please note that I know Steve Callisher so qualified candidates who know me well (and I know you well) feel free to mention my name when reaching out for this opportunity. 

Controller – Hospitality industry, multi-location, mid-market sized organization – based in an attractive suburb of Chicago

We’re looking for a successful Accounting/Financial Management professional ideally with Corporate and multi-location/state field experience at the Controller level who will report directly to the CFO and oversee a small staff in Accounting and payroll.

Responsibilities will include:

• Supervise and participate in the preparation of various financial statements and reports. 

• Oversee the activities of corporate accounting; including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.

• Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls and oversee all related compliance including completion of annual audit.

• Review monthly accounting close process monthly operating results. 

• Preparation of the year to date cash flow. 

• Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances. 

• Supervise billings to clients for services provided and bill clients monthly for permitted reimbursements.

• Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls. 

• Performs periodic audits of payroll and accounting activities.

• Assist the CFO with the management of corporate finances, investments and treasury.

• Provides other departmental and company units with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.

• Oversees tax obligations and reporting, including working with outside tax firm.

• Recommends and implements techniques to improve processes and productivity.

Requirements:

• 12+ years of experience in financial and accounting management.

• 5+ years applicable accounting experience, preferably in multi-location hospitality, property management or retail industries 

• Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.

• CPA preferred.

• Proven leadership with at least five years of experience and excellent organizational skills, preferably demonstrated with an organization of similar size/complexity. 

• Ability to analyze/solve problems and work in a fast paced environment.

• Excellent communications with all levels of the organization including board of directors.

• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.. 

• Solid project management skills. 

Comp $175K-$190K base

Candidates should send resume, including salary requirements/expectations to:

Steve Callisher, scallisher@gmail.com

Replies
 No replies

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo