Topic: General Posts

Subject: ERP Recommendations
Karen Roscher
Member: 2009
Submitted on 11-29-17 2:24 pm
We are starting a project to evaluate replacing our aged installation of Microsoft Navision.  We are likely going to move to a cloud-based solution and I would like to know who is happy with a global installation (we operate in more than 20 countries) to support all accounting, procurement and supply chain functions.  We do not need CRM functionality at this time but may be interested in moving from our current solution after implementation of a new ERP.  We also do not need HR functions.

Also, if anyone is willing to share a framework for a requirements document to use as part of the proposal and evaluation process, that would be great! 

Thanks,

Karen Roscher

k.roscher@bibliotheca.com

Replies
Mike Wilson
Member: 2017

Subject: Re:ERP Recommendations

Submitted on 12-04-17 12:24 pm.
Hi Karen,

We have used Netsuite for about two and a half years.  We went with them for a number of the reasons you list: cloud based solution and multiple international entities that we need to consolidate (however, not nearly as many entities as you have).  The system works pretty well and, in fact, does a great job of reporting on both an entity level and a consolidated level.  i.e. I can get my Netherlands entity reports in Euros for Netherlands only reporting and I can get that entity consolidated with all the others in USD.  The worst part of the whole thing was the installation and configuration process.  Netsuite has historically not been very good at the install process.  That's the message I've heard from a number of folks using Netsuite, and that's certainly what we saw.  A competent 3rd party could probably get the system in more effeciently/effectively.

Mike.

Karl Nicholls
Member: 2014

Submitted on 12-04-17 5:20 pm.
Hi Karen,

I have done a lot of research myself in this area and have seen and heard a lot of good things about NetSuite too, but as always it really depends on what YOUR company needs. You may not be looking for a Third Party vendor to help you with the selection process but I cannot recommend ERP Advisors Group strongly enough. They will help you build your requirements, help you through the selection process and if you wish represent your interests during implementation. Their web page is https://erpadvisorsgroup.com/ And you can email their principal Shawn Windle at shawn@erpadvisorsgroup.com.

This is not an easy process and one that you want to get right once. Making a change later is difficult and expensive. ERP Advisors Group will make sure that does not happen to you.

Good luck.

Karl

Jim Hirchak
Member: 2011

Submitted on 12-07-17 11:03 am.
Karen,

I agree with both Mike and Karl.  Good luck on your project.

Valery Herrington
Member: 2016

Subject: Re:ERP Recommendations: Top Expertise - Finance & Banking for ERP

Submitted on 12-10-17 2:06 pm.
Hi Karen:

My firm, Herrington Technology, is local to New York and works with TOP industry ERP solutions like SAP ERP.  We can assist with an evaulation process including, several other market and industry ERP solutions. This process all depends on a variety of factors, requirements and considerations specific to your business and goals.

I personally have a very deep specialization in this space. I have established, proven, career expertise and success working with top CFOs, VPs and CIOs at world's top companies and Fortune 90 ensuring success of their large, global, complex enterprise ERP deployments for financial reporting and finance mission-critical business drivers.

Looking forward to connecting with you for your ERP project deployment.  I will send you an introductory email and feel free to inquire/respond from there.

Best Regards,

Valery Herrington

619-362-8121

Alan Crow
Member: 2008

Submitted on 12-11-17 9:47 pm.
Have you considered Dynamics NAV 2018? You can run this as a cloud based solution and you may be able to migrate customizations from your existing system. Depending on which version you are currently using, you may see a huge difference in functionality, and the current versions check off the big picture requirements you outlined.

James Gibbons
Member: 2009

Submitted on 12-14-17 10:01 am.
Good Day,  I have over 30 years experience with ERP. I have held CFO, Controller and ERP Consulting roles.  Became a Certified SAP Consultant after successfully completing the SAP Global Certification exam for the Certified SAP Application Associate, SAP Business One 9.0. Contributing author, (Chapter 7 Business Partners) SAP Business One, Business User Guide published January 2017 by SAP Press.   

ERP experiences includes recommendation, implementation and usage of  enterprise resource planning applications that include: SAGE300 (5yrs) , Microsoft Great Plains (13 yrs) , SAP Business One (5 yrs).  The last being the most impressive in performance, flexibility, information access and display.  SAP Business One for HANA is an all in memory database that provides spectacular calculation speeds in creation of reports, kpi’s and dashboards.  The ERP modules are all contained in the application and are available on mobile devices. Crystal Reports is the native report writer. I implemented SAP as Controller for Tribe Medical Group a rapidly growing orthopedic surgical distribution company with consignment inventory in over 300 hospitals.  The video attached will allow you to hear the perspective of the company’s operations manager. Two years post implementation.

Tribe Medical Group Reviews Benefits of SAP Business One

The resources available to learn and support the application on YouTube  are quite significant ,for example the free SAP HANA Academy has over 1604 videos. SAP uses a blueprint process to conduct your process analysis and mapping to SAP Business One. http://dgginc.com/cms/files/sap_business_one_blue_print_english.pdf

I am available to assist in ERP implementation projects.  May you have good fortune on your pursuit of this important strategic pillar in your business plan.

Regards, James

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesgibbonsmbacpa/">James W. Gibbons CPA CMA MBA

jwpgibbons@gmail.com

Natasha Klebba
Member: 2013

Submitted on 12-14-17 11:02 am.
I design out ERP solutions based.  What industry are you in?  I personally think Sage Intacct is a fantastic cloud based solution for service/software industries.  They are starting to enhance their inventory module.  Therefore, if you are inventory based, you should take a look at NetSuite.  Your implementation will only be as good as your design and implementation team.  You can pick a top notch ERP and fall on your face if it's not installed the way your besiness needs it.  Good luck and let me now if you have any questions.  My email is:  natasha@incubatorfinance.com.

OUR SPONSORS: