Topic: General Posts

Subject: Full Service Payroll Processing Recommendations
Alex Heckmann
Member: 2008
Submitted on 01-25-18 10:06 am
We are a growing company with 110 employees currently.  We moved off ADP to Paycor a year and a half ago because of cost and processing issues we had with them.  Now we are looking for a better company due to the worse issues we have run into with Paycor.

Can anyone recommend a decent Full service Payroll company to handle the payroll and benefits processing?

Thank you Alex

Replies
George Vargas
Member: 2014

Subject: Re:Full Service Payroll Processing Recommendations

Submitted on 01-30-18 4:41 pm.
Hello Alex:

A few of the seemingly more economical payroll processing firms I've encountered are:  Paychex, Inc.  and Paylocity.  My organization currently uses Paylocity.  They're cheap and basic.  As far as basics go, the price we pay for cheap is limited functionality.  Paylocity has not been able to accomodate our chart of accounts structure.  As such, we needed to have a workaround.  Paylocity provides reliable basic services.  A firm that seems to do ok with price and functionality is Paychex, Inc.  I have not actually worked with this firm.  However, I've had enough discussions  to get a sense that it might be worthwhile to talk to this firm.

I thought Paychex and Paylocity might pay more attention to firms with 100 plus employees.  They are accustomed to and they actively market to smaller companies.  Larger concerns like ADP seems to want to market to small firms but, once they get a small firm, their service doesn't seem to be on par with their service to their larger clients.

Best Regards

George

Alex Einemer
Member: 2009

Submitted on 01-31-18 3:40 pm.
About a year ago I've started to use Gusto, which I liked for small business, but they raised prices and we moved to Zenefits that added payroll to their benefits core services.  Both economical, Gusto is my 1t choice, Zenefits is more cost efective, but support is a little limited.

Milan Gandhi
Member: 2006

Submitted on 02-01-18 10:12 am.
There are three main companies - ADP Totalsource, Insperity and TriNet. They all provide payroll and benefits together. They infact become your HR too and help avoid legal issues with employees as they guide the clients.

For only payroll, I had demo with iSolved and find it very comprehensive.

I know higher level folks at All these companies and would be happy to introduce you if you need.

Warm Regards

Milan Gandhi

Richard Loh
Member: 2013

Submitted on 02-03-18 2:08 pm.
Hello Alex, would recommend Gusto to someone who started a sole practising consulting company (S company)? She does have accounting background but totally unfamiliar with US payroll and tax requirements.

Thanks

Richard

Trudy Wade
Member: 2017

Submitted on 02-17-18 11:34 pm.
InfiniSource has a great product, iSolved.  I have implemented it in two companies with great success.  It is payroll processing, as well as time keeping, benefits, onboarding, and full taxes / reporting.

OUR SPONSORS:

cfo