Topic: Hartford, CT & Springfield, MA

Subject: Director, FP&A
Paul Green
Member: 2008
Submitted on 01-03-11 4:27 pm
Cycling Sports Group (Cannondale, GT, Schwinn and Mongoose), a division of Dorel Industries and a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-end bicycles, apparel, footwear, and accessories, is seeking a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to join our team in Bethel, CT. The ideal candidate will handle the following responsibilities:

Direct and lead all Financial Planning and Analysis for global $300M+CSG business unit to include sales and earnings forecasts, product gross margin targets, budgeting, ROI analysis & Capital expenditures.
Hire and manage financial analysts to build out / lead an FP&A team to support the all of the brands within the CSG business unit.
Provide financial and business decision consulting to multiple constituents; Brand General Managers, Sales, Marketing & Product Management.
Finance representative on global product development (PAC) decision team. Oversee and develop all investment criteria for new project development. Review all new large revenue producing products, analyze ROI, all fixed costs and guide product team on financial goals to include margin and price.
Develop and lead global brand P&L initiative which incorporates all CSG brands and guides decision making on future investments and resource allocation. Part of the monthly business review meetings and follow on product summits which involve R&D investment decisions / tradeoffs.
Analyze all CSG brand products and develop SKU reduction strategy for 2011 and 2012 model year products while limiting any negative effect to overall sales performance.
Analyze and maintain Headcount financial budget. Financial support for Headcount decisions pertaining to budget and actual results. Provide recommendations to management.
Maintain all reporting tools for senior management to include, entire company P&L monthly results, sales dashboards, Cannondale Apparel results and weekly sales forecasts.
Direct, manage and lead entire global budget and forecasting process to include all operating financial targets and capital expenditure plans. Present global budget to Dorel Executives.
Oversee and responsible for $45M North American SG&A spend to include proper forecasting, expense management and ensuring the actual spend ties to the strategic and financial goals of the company.
Finance lead on 3 year, $400M, global, multi brand financial plan and accompanying long term product roadmap.
Perform thorough analysis on segment financial performance, demonstrating a strong understanding of the key drivers on segment results. Consolidate entire Segment financial performance and present during monthly reviews with Senior Management.
Lead global CSG model year pricing process in collaboration with Product Management integrating into financial plan and correctly priced to yield both volume and margin goals.
Finance lead on all external M&A deal flow and direct dealer investment projects.
Build and analyze scenario models reflecting the impact on results based on modeling the key drivers for strategic planning, investor guidance, etc.
Provide proactive analysis and commentary on quarterly performance for the company’s quarterly earnings releases
Identify, design, and implement value-added analysis that focuses on key business drivers to support decisions to optimize the business
Follow industry and competitor trends and relate the impacts to the company’s businesses; help identify responsive actions the company could take
Assist with ad-hoc analysis requests from the CFO, CEO, as required to respond to emerging business issues
Assist with various presentations for investor meetings, Board of Director meetings, and other ad-hoc presentations
Follow internal controls and company policies as set by the Company and job function.

Qualifications:
7+ years business experience, including experience within business operations
Bachelors of Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or a related field
MBA a plus
Strong sense of natural curiosity to study a problem and identify root causes, and make logical connections/ conclusions from scattered data
Strong financial modeling skills, including advanced Excel
Strong finance understanding
Strong interpersonal skills ability to work across boundaries
High energy and self confidence; comfortable around senior leadership
Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate results and recommendations of analysisto a variety of audiences within the organization (for example laterally across peers, and upward to Sr. Mgmt.)
Strong project management skills

Apply:
http://www.cyclingsportsgroup.com/careers/

Replies
Glenn MacDonald
Member: 2010

Subject: Re:Director, FP

Submitted on 01-26-11 2:53 pm.

Thank you for posting this position, I might not have seen it otherwise. I have applied for the position and I did use your name as the answer to the source "where did you learn of this position" question. I hope that was OK.

If I were to be contacted for an interview, can I contact you for a little added insights into the firm before the interview?

Thanks again,
Glenn MacDonald

Nath Mahalingam
Member: 2011

Submitted on 04-04-11 4:03 pm.
Paul, I recently saw this position re-posted on TheLadders.com. I had applied initially in the Jan 2011 timeframe. However, since I had not heard back, I presumed that they had filled the position.

Any insights you may have re: this position would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards

Nath Mahalingam

Stephen Maier
Member: 2012

Submitted on 06-19-12 11:31 am.

Has this opportunity been filled?

Stephen

OUR SPONSORS: