May 11, 2021
8:15 AM - 9:15 AM
Covid, Crypto, and Congress. How Will You and Your Investments Be Impacted?
After an unprecedented shutdown in the economy during 2020 due to COVID-19, in 2021 game changing vaccines have been introduced and economic indicators are beginning to surge. But with exploding deficits, increasing debt, rising inflation, speculation in crypto currencies, potential tax hikes, and a new Congress, are we out of the woods yet?
Professional money manager and President of Sidoxia Capital Management, LLC, Wade W. Slome, CFA, CFP, will review the implications of the global pandemic on financial markets, politics, and the overall economy.
· Mr. Slome has worked in the investment industry for 30 years
· Managed a $20 billion mutual fund at American Century Investments in Kansas City
· Founder of Sidoxia Capital Management in Newport Beach, where he manages a hedge fund, and investment accounts for individuals and businesses (e.g., 401(K) and pensions)
· Seen on CNBC and ABC News
· Quoted in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The New York Times, Dow Jones, Investor’s Business Daily, Bloomberg, and Smart Money
· Education: UCLA (BA – Economics), Cornell University (MBA – Finance)
· The Slome Sidoxia Fund, LP (hedge fund) has more than tripled in value since its inception in 2008 (+401% vs +171% for the S&P 500) through the first quarter of 2021.