NFP SIG member John Chiang presents "Employee Health Insurance for Nonprofit Organizations – Understanding funding options and alternatives, including first dollar coverage."
• Why the CFO should be involved with the employee benefits spend
• Understand the different employee health insurance options, funding models, and plan designs
• How some companies are dealing with the rising cost of employee health insurance
• What is “first dollar coverage” and why it is gaining traction
• Challenging your employee benefits broker
• Recruitment and retention in the nonprofit sector with platinum level benefits
John Chiang, CPA, has a small tax practice, including financial consulting. He consults with and is an Ambassador for Nonstop Wellness, a benefits advisory firm, helping nonprofit organizations with their employee health insurance plan design and options. John retired a few years ago as the CFO of Asian Health Services, a non-profit community health center located in Oakland, CA. Prior to joining Asian Health Services in 2011, John spent much of his 40-year career serving as CFO and in financial executive management positions with various financial services companies, including Bank of America and MetLife. John began his professional career as a CPA specializing in the banking, financial services, and
real estate industries. John is active in his community, having served as the Mayor and as a member of the Piedmont City Council for eight years, in addition to serving on nonprofit boards. John has an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering and computer science from UC Berkeley and an MBA in finance from UCLA.
For meeting information, please contact:
in order to RSVP and see the participants list.