The Greater Chicagoland FENG WEBINAR –
Private Directors Association Overview
Raphael ‘Ray’ Lavin
FENG Chicago Member
The Private Directors Association (PDA) is a national network where executives and professionals interested in board service can find and meet those interested in securing exception members.
For more information about this organization, see https://www.privatedirectorsassociation.org.
We are delighted to have our good friend and fellow FENG Chicagoland Member, Raphael ‘Ray’ Levin join us and tell us about how he became familiar with this professional group, how it has helped him and how it might help our registered attendees.
Ray will lead an informal discussion, sharing with us how he stumbled across the PDA, his experiences with his involvement and how it may help our fellow FENG members and guests.
In his own words – “What is the PDA? Is it right for you?” And he will cover all this with his personal anecdotes and vignettes, as well as sharing his slide deck for those interested afterwards.
Ray is a senior financial executive and entrepreneur whose expertise is in financial and credit analysis management. Having operated a private equipment leasing company, where credits were priced, structured, booked, collected and litigated have given him a broad general knowledge across many industries. He earned his Bachelor of Arts with a major in English from the University of Wisconsin in Madison and his MBA from the University of Chicago. He received his CLFP designation and has also been active in leasing associations and local chapters, serving as Chair.
Additional meeting details are as follows:
(1) Please login to the Zoom Link URL that will be sent separately by 715a CT so that the speaker’s formal presentation can begin promptly at 730a.
(2)Dress code: Business Casual from the waist up (or as far as your video camera can capture).
(3) Coffee and Donuts/Bagels/Pastries will be served by you and you alone.
(4) Parking – Your parking lot, driveway or garage is the best option.
(5) Suggested donation: $0.00 (for this event; see below for supporting The FENG in general).
(6) Bring 0 printed copies of your resumes/handbills/business cards but have them ready electronically for subsequent distribution.
(7) Be sure you can modify/edit the name that appears in your video window so that we can refer to you by your preferred name rather than, “Dad’s Cell Phone,” “iPhone 10XR,” or “firstname.lastname@example.org,” or whatever the default name of your device is when logging into Zoom for the first time.’
(8) Structured networking will follow the formal presentation, if time permits; be sure to use your well-crafted, practiced and perfected 2-3 minutes effectively (from a professional standpoint – who you are, where you are headed and specifics regarding your target companies/contacts).
This meeting is virtually sponsored by Advanced Resources (our special thanks to them!):
Heidi Lancaster | Director
Direct: 630.271.8165| Mobile: 630.747.9294
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Connect with me on LinkedIn!
Please Register (by Wednesday morning, October 7th) to receive the Zoom link that will be sent to you before noon that day.
If you miss the deadline, or do not receive the link (make sure you check your SPAM folder), please contact Steve Eschbach. Registrations after deadline will be waitlisted and will require special dispensation from various supreme powers that may be allowed if time and effort can accommodate (we are all volunteers that provide this service so chances of this happening are extremely remote). Also, it is important for you to show up at this meeting on time - please make an effort to do so as the formal remarks will begin as close to the 730a start time as possible.
Members login: http://www.thefeng.org/membersonly/ this will take you to your personal home page. Check box for this event.
Guests of members are welcome. Register on this link: https://www.thefeng.org/chapters/rsvp.php?tid=12697
Also, please email Steve Eschbach.
Alumni members are encouraged to attend this meeting and participate in the discussion - it is a great way to give back to the group, and to maintain and build your network.
We hope to see you at the FENG meeting. If you have any questions please contact: