Guest Speaker: Marty Latman, CPA, CFO, Consultant, Coach , FENG Co-Chair, Bergen Co. (NJ) Chair, NJ Strategic Networking Group (NJENG) Chair
Topic: Ageism: Effectively Conquering the Elephant the Room
• Do you feel you’re not getting a new position because of your age?
• Is your career not advancing because you’re “older”?
• Do you feel you’re being discriminated against due to your age?
When you have a better understanding of ageism, you can use that knowledge to strengthen your position as the ideal candidate for a job.
Marty will give you practical tips on how to circumvent and overcome ageist practices you may encounter during your job search–and how to present your experience as an asset to a prospective employer.
Marty trains, teaches, advises and supports people in different industries and various disciplines in the techniques they need to advance their career or be successful in their job search campaign.
With his past experience working in both public and private industry, he understands the skinny by companies and how candidates should position themselves to meet these needs. Marty is known as a “match maker” and “people helper”.
Marty has been a guest speaker to many networking groups where he has discussed various career development topics including networking, interviewing techniques and advance career planning strategies. He speaks at both local and national networking group meetings.
Marty had a Bachelor of Science Degree (Cum Laude) in Finance from The State University of New York at Albany. In addition to being a Certified Public Account (CPA), Marty is a Certified Information System Audtior (CISA).
Additional meeting details are as follows:
(1) Please login to the Zoom Link URL that will be sent separately by 715a CT so that the speaker’s formal presentation can begin promptly at 730a.
(2)Dress code: Business Casual from the waist up (or as far as your video camera can capture).
(3) Coffee and Donuts/Bagels/Pastries will be served by you and you alone.
(4) Parking – Your parking lot, driveway or garage is the best option.
(5) Suggested donation: $0.00 (for this event; see below for supporting The FENG in general).
(6) Bring 0 printed copies of your resumes/handbills/business cards but have them ready electronically for subsequent distribution.
(7) Be sure you can modify/edit the name that appears in your video window so that we can refer to you by your preferred name rather than, “Dad’s Cell Phone,” “iPhone 10XR,” or “firstname.lastname@example.org,” or whatever the default name of your device is when logging into Zoom for the first time.’
(8) Structured networking will follow the formal presentation; be sure to use your well-crafted, practiced and perfected 2-3 minutes effectively (from a professional standpoint – who you are, where you are headed and specifics regarding your target companies/contacts).
This meeting is virtually sponsored by Advanced Resources (our special thanks to them!):
Heidi Lancaster | Director
Direct: 630.271.8165| Mobile: 630.747.9294